Lately I have seen so many posts on some number of things a person has learned since becoming an adult and they got me inspired to do my own! Basically I turned 19 in May, I have been an adult for over a year now! Now, lets get to reflecting…
19 Things I Have Learned Since Becoming An Adult
- Having money saved is SO important and needs to be started ASAP. I have always been aware of this fact, but the older you get the more it becomes an essential. Just a few months ago the air in my car broke AND I LIVE IN ONE OF THE HOTTEST, MUGGIEST PLACES IN THE U.S ( AKA Florida)! Having money saved for situations like that saves SO much stress
- Friends really do come and go. As a college student, I have about 16 weeks in a class before I am in a new one, filled with different people. This means I may meet people I enjoy, study with them, and never see them again after we takes our exams.
- No one is a super human. I am very much a perfectionist (hate to admit that) and I really push myself in all aspects of my life. Usually pushing myself is great, but it puts me in a state of disarray, anger and sadness when I fail or cannot handle as much as I’d like to.
- Grad school is a great idea. I have always pondered the thought of grad school, but never really made the decision as it seemed so far away. Now I am heavily considering attending.
- Everything happens for a reason. Another fact I have always been aware of, but now that I am more of an adult and experiencing MUCH more, being put into situations where this fact applies- it is much harder to accept.
- I am SO lucky for all of the opportunities I have had and continue to have!
- Communication AND space are the two most important things you can have in a relationship.
- Pizza hates me and I love it– Seriously if I eat too much pizza, I will have the worst stomach trouble of my life!
- “Variety is the spice of life” A quote from my Grandmother
- Getting out and having fun is not bad or wrong! For so long, I associated going out places with trouble, but having a night out with your friends is good and healthy for you!
- 5 classes at a time is not always the best idea.
- Health is NOT a joke and should not be taken for granted.
- Rude people are actually unhappy with themselves. As a young girl, I always thought this was only partially true, but as I get older and work with the public, this is clearly the truth.
- Buying a home is SO stressful…and expensive
- Gas (for my car) is something that I REALLY do not like to spend money on (actually the worst).
- Owning up to mistakes is something so many people WON”T do ?!
- I have spent my whole life building my confidence I, if someone doesn’t respect me , they have to go. This was something I read on Twitter and I realized that it was actually the truth!!
- Having my priorities right and staying organised is what it takes to be successful.
- This was really hard to write
What’s something you have you learned since becoming an adult?